Security

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass showing only half of disk space available+

This thread has been viewed 33 times
  • 1.  Clearpass showing only half of disk space available+

Posted Aug 09, 2018 10:22 AM

Hello,

I have this issue with the Clearpass hosted as a VM. I gave the machine 1TB of space, but it only lists 488GB of available storage. At the beggining I though that it was due thin provisioning, but after trying thick it still showed same disk size. Why is that? Does it have to do something with the backups and databases?

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Clearpass showing only half of disk space available+

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 10:29 AM
    It’s split into two 500GB partitions for major upgrades.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass showing only half of disk space available+

Posted Aug 09, 2018 10:34 AM

Thank you for the swift reply, but can you please explain it a bit more. Can you maybe link a documentation about this hence I could not find any. Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Clearpass showing only half of disk space available+
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 09, 2018 10:37 AM
    We maintain a complete copy of the previous major release to allow you to rollback. That’s why the 1TB is split into two 500GB partitions.

• 5.  RE: Clearpass showing only half of disk space available+

Posted Jul 11, 2019 03:03 PM

Hi we are running three 5k Servers, and at this point the publisher is generating this error message, do you think is Ok if we expand the drive to 1TB disk, even dough we set the cleanup intervals to 1 day the percentage has been lowering down last week was on 15% cc.JPG

• 6.  RE: Clearpass showing only half of disk space available+

Posted Oct 07, 2019 02:17 PM

Oscar,

• 7.  RE: Clearpass showing only half of disk space available+

Posted Oct 08, 2019 09:59 AM

@bdempsey Thanks for your reply, actually I had to open a ticket with Aruba TAC and they advise me to follow same steps that you mentioned, I think I will go ahead and do it next week.