Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Cluster upgrade 6.5 to 6.6

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Cluster upgrade 6.5 to 6.6

Posted Apr 13, 2017 04:01 AM

I'm looking at upgrading our cluster Publisher single subscriber to v6.6, I've had a look over the forums for information on the upgrade and there's quote a few good documents around but nothing conclusive as to what is the best way to upgrade either manually or using the Cluster Upgrade tool.

From a manual perspective it looks reasonably straightforward backup configs and some other details in case of a failure, upgrade Publisher and once back Upgrade Subscriber and during this upgrade there should be no downtime for authenticating wireless users.

Clearpass upgrade tool all done for you once its completed the pre-requisites, I can't find any information on whether this tool is disruptive or not and I've found a few posts with major failures using the upgrade tool.

My gut instict is to go with the manual process as that gives me more control of the upgrade but would be interested in  others opnion and how others have completed this upgrade?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jon

• 2.  RE: Cluster upgrade 6.5 to 6.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 05:20 AM

Generally customers who have many servers in clusters go for cluster upgrade tool, if you are planning to upgrade from 6.5.x version then you can directly upgrade to 6.6.0 but if your server is in 6.5.0 or 6.5.1 then you need to install preparation patch before upgrading to 6.6.0.

Upgrade tool is working fine, since you have only two server you could go for manually upgrade but as I mentoined upgrade tool also works.

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: Cluster upgrade 6.5 to 6.6

Posted Apr 13, 2017 05:58 AM

Pavan

Thanks, I've installed the Cluster Upgrade utility but I've getting an error when its trying to patch the sucscribers

Checking if patch is required.

Patch install started.

Node is not reachable.

Please verify HTTP or HTTPS access is available between nodes, publisher DNS name is resolvable, and publisher HTTPS certificate can be validated by subscribers.

Patch install completed.

I've checked and the Publisher DNS is resolvable and I've logged into the Publisher and Subscriber through HTTPs. So I presume its failing on the Publisher HTTS cert being validated by the subscriber.

How can I check the HTTPS cert?

Thanks

Jon

• 4.  RE: Cluster upgrade 6.5 to 6.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 06:16 AM

Are you upgrading the server or applying the patch?  Upgrade tool is working fine for major upgrades for patch we have issue.

Are you using any speical characters in cluster password if YES then could you use normal characters and try once or else intall patch manually.

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: Cluster upgrade 6.5 to 6.6

Posted Apr 13, 2017 08:17 AM

I've changed the Cluster password and it still fails with the same message.

Where can I download the patch from?

Thanks

• 6.  RE: Cluster upgrade 6.5 to 6.6

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2017 08:23 AM
      |   view attached

If  server reaches to the ineternet ,navigate to Administration » Agents and Software Updates » Software Updates page to download and install the patch.

If server does not have internet access then you could download the patch from support.arubanetworks.com site.

Regards,

Pavan

Attachment(s)