Security

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  CoA Fails

Posted Feb 01, 2013 04:10 PM

I'm testing CoA over Aruba wireless and it's failing.  The following message is logged in access tracker: Session-Context-Not-Found.

I've verified the following:

CPPM: In device details, RADIUS CoA is enabled and using port 3799.

Controller: RFC3746 server defined in AAA profile. Key matches key specific in device details above.

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this further?

• 2.  RE: CoA Fails

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 01, 2013 04:14 PM

Are you going into the access tracker and doing something like "Terminate Session"?  What are you doing to generate this COA?  Session not found normally means that the device never authenticated, so there is no session to "change".

Edit: Also, do you have Radius Accounting enabled from the controller to CPPM?

• 3.  RE: CoA Fails

Posted Feb 01, 2013 04:21 PM

Yeah, I'm going into access tracker and clicking on the connection.  Then Change Status and I issue an Aruba Terminate Session.

To be sure I'm working with an active session, I disconnected my test device and reconnected it.  Then, I terminated the connection that just appeared in access tracker.  I received the same error message.

• 4.  RE: CoA Fails
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 04, 2013 06:19 PM

CoA started working today.  The only thing I did was change the NAS IP on each controller to match its loopback IP.  Before, each controller inherited the master's IP as the NAS IP.  Could this be what fixed it?

• 5.  RE: CoA Fails

Posted Feb 09, 2013 09:46 AM

yes, that could very well be it, i worked with CoA in the past (different context; Juniper switches) and not having the correct NAS IP was the issue back then also.

• 6.  RE: CoA Fails

Posted Nov 18, 2013 01:44 AM

Your solution saved my day!!

Thank you!!!

Bharani..