Security

Highlighted
New Contributor

Compound Authentication with WLC && FreeRADIUS

I've searched in here, as well as some Googling, and have not come up with a solution, so I'm asking.

I'm using FreeRADIUS 3.0.13-9, on CentOS 7.6 as an authentication server for Airwave, WLC administrative access, and 802.1X.

Within FR, I am using peap/mschapv2 using ntlm_auth as the back-end. I also have some post-auth going on, using ldap to poll AD for group memberships (only for NAS-IP belonging to the WLC management IPs and airwave IP).

I have been tasked with creating a BSSID that requires two methods of authentication: MAC and username/password. Any FreeRADIUS gurus, or Airheads that have any suggestions?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Compound Authentication with WLC && FreeRADIUS

When you add a mac authentication profile to the AAA profile, BOTH are done to the same SSID.  The device must pass mac authentication before user authentication.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

You can use mac authentication using the controller's local database to store the mac addresses.  :   https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-MAC-based-authentication-on-Aruba/ta-p/182430

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Highlighted
New Contributor

I get that. I understand how to do one at a time: MAC or User auth. The question is about how to do both for the same BSSID.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

When you add a mac authentication profile to the AAA profile, BOTH are done to the same SSID.  The device must pass mac authentication before user authentication.

ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Compound Authentication with WLC

A MAC address simply a piece of authorization data.

If this response is more than 1 year old, it may no longer be accurate. Please consult official Aruba documentation, TAC or your Aruba SE.

| Aruba Alumni | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: