Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Computers with fingerprint conflict

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Computers with fingerprint conflict

Posted Sep 10, 2020 04:15 PM
      |   view attached

Hello, many computers are getting profiler conflict after sometime.

They are profiled correctly as computer first, but after some time the conflict is trigger saying it is a HP Printer.

I'm using DHCP profiler and SNMP ARP Read to profile the devices.

Someone knows why and how to correct it?

• 2.  RE: Computers with fingerprint conflict

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 11, 2020 07:10 AM

What do the Attributes and Fingerprints tab show?

• 3.  RE: Computers with fingerprint conflict

Posted Sep 11, 2020 09:23 AM

Hi Herman, attached the hp printer fingerprint and device fingerprint.

• 4.  RE: Computers with fingerprint conflict

Posted Sep 14, 2020 05:02 PM

Hi.. I'm still working on this without success.

Is there a way to remove fingerprint from dictionary? I would like to remove the HP printer fingerprint to stop the conflict.

• 5.  RE: Computers with fingerprint conflict

Posted Sep 17, 2020 11:27 AM

What version are you running?

FWIW, I noticed a whole lot of profiler conflicts after upgrading from 6.7.9 to 6.8.6. Random things like PCs, iPhones, Macs throwing conflicts, and lots of network devices previously found through ARP reads coming up with conflicts as Linksys Routers.

I would suggest opening a ticket with TAC.

It may be possible to download the fingerprint dictionary YAML file, remove the HP printer fingerprint, and manually upload it. I don't know if fingerprint dictionary uploads are additive or if they overwrite the existing dictionary. Also, it's just as likely that by removing a fingerprint, the devices would get classified with a conflict as the next-best fingerprint match.

• 6.  RE: Computers with fingerprint conflict

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 17, 2020 11:55 AM

The screenshots that you posted with many lines in the option 55, that is not looking right. You should have just a single line there, and having so many different lines will trigger conflicts. It's not the fingerprint rule, it's the data coming in, and it will be important to understand where it is coming from.

I would open a TAC case on this to find what is behind this.

• 7.  RE: Computers with fingerprint conflict

Posted Sep 17, 2020 02:49 PM

Thank you guys, I opened a TAC. When they figure out what is happening I post here the solution. Thanks!