Security

Contributor I

Conference Login

I have an 11th hour request (aren't they always) for a basic captive portal for a conference.  The conference organisers want a basic captive portal with changing images and a username and password field.  I have created this as a web login with the galleria skin.  So far no issues.

The part I am not 100% on (and this could just be me over thinking this) is how to have a single account (username and password) that allows all conference attendees to simultaneously login.  I believe the conference organisers want to have the username and password either written on whiteboards or including in their conference introduction Powerpoint.

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Conference Login

Make the SSID a WPA2-PSK SSID and give out the PSK on the whiteboards.  Done.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Highlighted
Contributor I

I thought the same and recommended it to the conference organiser but they want a password shorter than eight characters.  This is obviously an issue with a WPA2 passphrase.

Highlighted
Contributor I

What I am trying to work out is how do I configure ClearPass so everybody can login to a captive portal using the username xxxxx and the password yyyyy.

Highlighted
MVP Expert

Just create a guest user in de guest user db and make sure you don’t limit the number of devices for this user. Why not use anonymous login?

Willem Bargeman ACMX#935 | ACCX #822

Please give me kudos if my post was useful!
If your issue is solved mark the post as solution!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: