Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Correct setup of Aruba Clearpass BYOD..

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Correct setup of Aruba Clearpass BYOD..

Posted Jul 17, 2014 04:24 AM

Hi, iam trying to setup BYOD with Clearpass, but iam unsure if my setup is going to work.

Provisioning of new devices work.. iPhones get profiles and certificates from Clearpass through a intermediate certificate from the Microsoft CA.

But after the devices is provisioned and is going to connect with the cerificates with Microsoft NPS server i get this in the NPS log:

An error occurred during the Network Policy Server use of the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP). Check EAP log files for EAP errors.

This kinda tells me that its trying to connect with username istead of Cert?

My question is this. Can a iPhone/Mac connect through NPS server after being provisioned with Cert from Clearpass?

Setup:

byod@company, onboarding ssid

office@company, Secured ssid

Clearpass

Microsoft NPS 2012

Thanks

Vegard

• 2.  RE: Correct setup of Aruba Clearpass BYOD..

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2014 07:33 AM

You should be able to authenticate with the cert provisioned from Clearpass to NPS but is there a reason you are not using Clearpass for authentication?  Is there a way to try it to verify that the clients are indeed provisioned appropriately?