Security

Contributor I

Create a mac database on Clearpass ?

Hi, can I create a mac address database on Clearpass? From user guide, doesn''t mention it. Please advise ,thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Re: Create a mac database on Clearpass ?

Guest > Create Device

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Contributor I

Thanks a lot for your kind reply. So this mac database created can be used as any mac-authentication with radius, like wired mac-authentication, or wireless mac-authenticastion for staff, right? 

Guru Elite

Yes.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
MVP

You also can create a Static host list, which you could use in MAC authentication Service.

Identity--> Static Host List

Oscar,
“All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Aruba.”
“If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos"

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Static Host Lists are not recommended.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: