Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Create initial landing page to choose user role

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Create initial landing page to choose user role

Posted Jan 26, 2018 02:07 AM

Hi

can i create an initial landing page on clearpass guest where the user can choose their role? for example i have one SSID with initial landing page to choose the user type : guest, employee, or contractor.

1. if guest is choosen, it will be redirected to self registration which is require sponsor approval, 

2. if employee is choosen, it will be redirected to onboard page, and

3. if vendor is choosen, it will not require sponsor approval but with limited network access

thanks for help

• 2.  RE: Create initial landing page to choose user role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2018 03:57 AM

Hi,

Yes, you can do that by creating a Web page in ClearPass and put multiple links on there to the different pages. What is another possibility, is redirect the clients to the Guest page by default, so guests don't need to select anything else, and put links for your employees and vendors to the other page.

You can see in this video how that is done to add an Onboarding link for Employees to an existing guest page. If you explicitly want a separate selection page, just create a separate Web Page under Guest » Configuration » Pages » Web Pages with just the selections. If you are familiar with HTML you can make this as beautiful and advanced as you can.

• 3.  RE: Create initial landing page to choose user role

MVP
    Posted Feb 12, 2018 04:11 PM

Herman mentioned automatically redirecting to the guest portion and allowing vendors a link to login - that is the most common way i've deployed it. I have done a landing page, but why waste a click? :-)