Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Creating ServiceNow Ticket for Onboard Request

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Creating ServiceNow Ticket for Onboard Request

Posted Feb 03, 2020 12:50 PM

Hi Airheads,

After looking through the ClearPass ServiceNow technote it seems the intended purpose is to utilize SN as an authorization source.

What I would like to know, and perhaps this may be better asked in a ServiceNow-based forum:

Instead of an email being sent off (sponsor approval) when a user begins the Onboard process, can we somehow create a ticket/event in Service Now.  This would allow for a few customer "wants" to be acheived:

-documented trail of Onboard requests

-certain group of users can approve/reject the requests within SN

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Creating ServiceNow Ticket for Onboard Request

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 03, 2020 10:36 PM

This would require custom middleware.

• 3.  RE: Creating ServiceNow Ticket for Onboard Request

Posted Feb 04, 2020 09:09 AM

Tim, thanks for the response.

I'm wondering if we can utilize the current functionality in ClearPass. If it is sending an email to the sponsor when the user requests to Onboard, I wonder if we can, on the back end (hidden field in the form?), configure ClearPass to also send the email to Service Now. Perhaps that could create the ticket within SN.

I could be wrong, but I think the request can be approved by anyone with the "click here to approve" link in the email. Even if that person isn't the actual sponsor (need to verify that).

Thanks again.