Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Creating guest users on airwave 8 and radius

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Creating guest users on airwave 8 and radius

Posted Aug 17, 2014 03:55 PM

Hi

I am fairly new to Aruba and its products. We have the following set up Airwave 8, IAP 105 type

AMP manages IAP

I have set up a radius server to authenticate with our AD group

I would like to set up a Guest WLAN and would like to create the User name and password on airwaves Client -Guest creation.

How can this be set up? I have lookeed at manuals and forums but I have not been able to find a solution

Thank you in advance for any replies

• 2.  RE: Creating guest users on airwave 8 and radius

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2014 04:19 PM

Unfortunately, Airwave Guest Creation can only create guest users on Controller-Based Aruba and Cisco WLANs, not on instant WLANs.  Airwave Guest Creation predates ClearPass Policy Manager and Instant Config and due to ClearPass is used less and less, but never with instant.   To create guest users on instant through Airwave you would use Instant Config.  Chapter 4 of the document here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=14106 tells you how you would enable instant config through airwave.  After you setup your guest SSID, you would add users through Instant Config in Airwave like below:

instant-guest.JPG

• 3.  RE: Creating guest users on airwave 8 and radius

Posted Aug 18, 2014 01:50 AM

Hi

Thank you very much for the feedback

Is there anyway I could create a Guest Wlan using the equipment and software we currently have or would we need to purchase something like Amigod etc

We would just like to set up a Guest Wlan where the user access will expire when set up

Please excuse my english syntax as it is not my first language

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Creating guest users on airwave 8 and radius

Posted Aug 18, 2014 03:37 AM

Hi

What I meant to say is do we need to change our entire network set up at the moment or not

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Creating guest users on airwave 8 and radius
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2014 09:58 AM

You can create a guest WLAN on IAP using the instructions here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/CaptivePortal/Captive Portal.htm%3FTocPath%3DCaptive%20Portal%20for%20Guest%20Access%7C_____0

You do not need Amigopod or clearpass for that.  The splash page, is very rudimentary, however.

If you are using airwave to also manage the configuration of your IAP cluster, you will need to use the Airwave configuration for instant to create the guest users... and configure your page.

Unless there is more information, you do not need to change your entire network setup.

• 6.  RE: Creating guest users on airwave 8 and radius
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 22, 2014 04:14 AM

Hi

Thank you very much will do