Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Custom field in Sponsor Confirmation form

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Custom field in Sponsor Confirmation form

Posted Jan 18, 2019 04:11 PM

I have a requirement to add a field to the sponsor confirmation form.  Not in the email sent to sponsors but in the webpage where they select confirm or reject, as well as optionally selecting an expiration (if Account Overrides are enabled).

The requirement is to have a "Sponsor Approval Reason" field in that form, where the sponsor adds justification on the account confirmation page.  I created a custom textarea field called "sponsor_approval_reason". If I add this field to the receipt form, it also shows up on the sponsor confirmation form automatically.  Text entered in that field on the sponsor confirmation form however does not appear to be processed by the form submit function on the backend, because text entered in that field does not get written to the database or show up when viewing the account attributes.   Make note I also added that field in the registration form as a hidden field.  If I set an initial value for that field, of make the field editable on the registration page, text entered there does get saved to the account, but text entered on the confirmation page does not.

I understand the entire form can be overridden for the sponsor confirmation page, but I don't believe this would solve the issue at hand, I believe the content of that field is being sent when the form is posted, but the back end function is not writing it to the database.

If there any way to accomplish this?  Is this an enhancement request?  This is on ClearPass 6.7.7

• 2.  RE: Custom field in Sponsor Confirmation form

Posted Jul 15, 2019 09:31 PM

Did you ever find a solution to this?

I am looking to customize the same page.

Thank you.

• 3.  RE: Custom field in Sponsor Confirmation form

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2019 11:43 PM

Hello,

Let me put this in lab and respond with my findings in couple of days.

Regards,

Pranav

• 4.  RE: Custom field in Sponsor Confirmation form

Posted Sep 04, 2019 07:11 AM

My requirement is remove the reject button from the guest_register_confirm I think the above requirement listed on this thread was to edit that form itself. Was the requirement on this thread ever tested as I believe it will help me to?

Thanks, 
    Danger 

• 5.  RE: Custom field in Sponsor Confirmation form

Posted Sep 04, 2019 10:07 AM

don't worry about this I managed to hider the reject button on the form. This is what I found that the guest_register_confirm.php form is not directly editable. So on the guest self registeration page > editted the page > clicked on sponsor confirmation > went to UI override > checked marked the tick box > and inputted this code into the footer:

<script type="text/javascript">
    document.getElementById("ID_form19eb693a_guest_register_confirm_register_reject").style.display = "none";
    </script>

I tested and no longer saw the reject button. Also, I tested with another SSID that has the same flow as my original one and found it was not removed from there so this pieace of code is per self-registeration page. 

• 6.  RE: Custom field in Sponsor Confirmation form

Posted Sep 04, 2019 10:29 AM

I was just on that page. That is exctly what I was looking for! Thank you!

For the life of me I cannot find the "accept as solution" button. 

Where do I find that?

• 7.  RE: Custom field in Sponsor Confirmation form

Posted Oct 01, 2019 12:29 PM

That did not work for me. On my page, the ID was different so if in doubt, inspect the element and change the ID.

For me it was the following:

<script type="text/javascript">
    document.getElementById("ID_forma15d7c4b_guest_register_confirm_register_reject").style.display = "none";
    </script>

Thanks for the solution though! Good stuff.