Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

Posted Dec 03, 2012 11:38 AM

Hello,

We had a consultant install a couple Aruba controllers and a Clearpass appliance.  Everything is working well so far.  We have a network that guests can attach to that produces a captive portal page.  However, the captive portal elements don't align with the portal editor section in Administration>Agents and Portals>Guest portal. 

The portal that appears seems to be located at https://securelogin.arubanetworks.com/cgi-bin.......etc. 

How can I edit that page to put our school logo and link to our acceptible use policy?

Thank you in advance,

-Ian

• 2.  RE: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2012 01:21 PM

Most likely your guest page is not hosted at Administration>Agents and Portals>Guest portal.  It is being deprecated.

Please download the ArubaOS 6.1 userguide and look at Chapter 15, under "Customizing the Captive Portal".

• 3.  RE: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

Posted Dec 03, 2012 01:25 PM

Thank you for the feedback.  We're running code 5.2 on the CPPM.  I'll check out that documentation.

-Ian

• 4.  RE: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2012 01:26 PM

What WLAN platform are you running?

• 5.  RE: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

Posted Dec 03, 2012 01:40 PM

We have a couple of Aruba 3600 controllers in a Master-Local setup.  I'm not sure if that's what you're asking me for though.  I'm still really new to this environment.

Thanks again.

• 6.  RE: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2012 01:42 PM

Just making sure you had Aruba for your WLAN.

You might be able to find your Captive Portal Configurationon the Aruba controller under Configuration> Management> Captive Portal

• 7.  RE: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

Posted Dec 03, 2012 01:49 PM

I did see that, but any change I make doesn't seem to reflect what users see.  I'll probably have to open up a support ticket.  Thanks for the assistance.

• 8.  RE: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

Posted Dec 03, 2012 04:40 PM

Are you trying to use the Captive Portal page on the controller or CPPM?   It sounds like you are trying to get them to use the CPPM one; but what is they are seeing?   Check the URL defined for the Login Page in the captive portal authentication profile on the controller for this user.

Configuration --> Authentication --> L3 Authentication --> Captive Portal Authentication Profile --> Your Profile Name

Login Page = ????????    Does it say /auth/index.html or does it point to your CPPM box?

• 9.  RE: Customize Secure Portal Vs. Guest Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2012 01:51 PM
    See if you can change the profile drop down to something besides default.