Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Customizing Clearpass Guest

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Customizing Clearpass Guest

Posted May 15, 2014 11:10 AM

I am creating a new skin for Clearpass Guest. Everything is going well. I have everything setup the way I would like, with one expection.

When you log in to Guest it puts in the the "Start Here" which shows "Guest Account Management". Our users wont know this as Clearpass Guest, since we will only call it MacTrac. Is there somewhere that I can edit what shows on the "Start Here" page? It gets the URL guest/guest_index.php. I don't mind having the page, I would just like to personalize the content. 

Any direction would be helpful, searching isn't turning up much because I'm not sure what to actually call this page besides the "Start Here". 

• 2.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest
    Best Answer

Posted May 19, 2014 08:47 AM

FWIW, I've created new mactrac create/edit/receipt pages and set those as the defaults for custom operator profiles. Then, as part of the skin and on each page, I have links to the create and edit pages. This makes it so they never see the actual ClearPass guest interface but rather just my custom forms and pages.

• 3.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

Posted May 19, 2014 09:33 AM

I see, so instead of allowing them to use the side nav bar, you remove that and just allow them to use links on the page to get back and forth. That's not a bad idea. Thanks for your help!

• 4.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

Posted Jul 08, 2015 03:52 PM

any update on where to edit the guest/guest_index.php page?

• 5.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

Posted Mar 11, 2019 01:31 PM

I'm also curious...any update on where/how to edit the text of the guest/guest_index.php form?

• 6.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

Posted Aug 20, 2019 11:03 AM

having this same issue.... anyone send any updates?

• 7.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

Posted Sep 21, 2020 05:33 PM

I'm seeking the same answer - has anyone found how to edit guest_index.php?

Specifically, "About Guest Network Access" section?

Thanks in advance! 

• 8.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 21, 2020 06:33 PM
    Try using the translation assistant

Thank you

Victor Fabian

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 9.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2020 06:53 PM

Yeah, 

Translation Assistance worked!

You can customize the content under Translation > Language Packs > <select Language> Translations > Guest Management.

• 10.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2020 08:16 PM

You can customize it under Home » Configuration » Guest Manager and "About Guest Network Access". 

• 11.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

Posted Sep 22, 2020 04:05 AM

I hadn't even noticed that, perfect thank you!

• 12.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

Posted Oct 01, 2020 11:55 PM

This is the correct solution, you can modify most of the text on guest_index page with the Configuration -> Translations -> Language Packs -> English Translations -> Translations.  Also, one section of text on that page is modified at Configuration -> Guest Manager -> About Guest Network Access.

One thing I haven't figured out yet:  is there a way to change the guest_index page name?  At the top it just says "Guest Manager" and i cant find a way to change it.  Also, there are "Guest" and "Logout" links visible on this page, is there any way to remove the "Guest" link?  

• 13.  RE: Customizing Clearpass Guest

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 21, 2020 06:45 PM

Hi,

The form guest_index.php is not exposed in the GUI and can't be edited.

You have an option to land the logged in user to different form, if that works.

Check the options available under Administration » Operator Logins » Profiles » <Select your operator profile> » Start Page.

You may also open a TAC case and check if the form guest_index.php can be edited in the backend.