Security

Occasional Contributor I

Custon expiration time for ClearPass guest accounts?

I know this has been brought up on the forums before and by reading through the previous posters I'm able to get to about 60% of where I need to be.  My goal:  On our guest registration page I'd like to have a drop-down menu where guests can request between 1 to 5 days for account duration, but with each day the account will expire at 1800 (or 6PM).  I have been successful with "today 1800", "tomorrow 1800" and "next Friday 1800", but I cannot seem to get days 3 and 4 to work.  I have tried syntax like "plus 3d 1800",  "+3d 1800" and "3d 1800", but all fail and actually create the account with no expiration.  Can anyone help me achieve what I want (or let me know it's not possible so I am not chasing something that is not supported)?  Thanks, Wes 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Custon expiration time for ClearPass guest accounts?

Can you try '3 days' for now + 3 days? Some examples are here:

2017-08-23 08_57_48-Configure Guest Manager.png

It seems to follow the PHP relative time format: http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.relative.php

I just tested: 3 days 1800 and it will create an account expiring on Saturday, 26 August 2017, 6:00 PM [Today is Wednesday].

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Custon expiration time for ClearPass guest accounts?

Can you try '3 days' for now + 3 days? Some examples are here:

2017-08-23 08_57_48-Configure Guest Manager.png

It seems to follow the PHP relative time format: http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.relative.php

I just tested: 3 days 1800 and it will create an account expiring on Saturday, 26 August 2017, 6:00 PM [Today is Wednesday].

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: