Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Database query Endpoint Attributes

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Database query Endpoint Attributes

Posted Sep 30, 2014 04:25 AM

Can i with an database query in someway also retriev the attributes from an Endpoint? If i a browse around in the tipsdb or use insight i can get the profile information like Mac, ipaddress, hostname and so on. I would like to retreiv the attributes added to and enpoints, is this possible? Has anyone else done this?

• 2.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes

Posted Sep 30, 2014 09:05 PM
    Can please elaborate of what you are trying to accomplish ?

• 3.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2014 09:32 PM

Attributes are defined in the tips_tag_definitions table.

The tips_tag_values table maps the endpoint attribute (tag_id) and value (tag_id) to the endpoint (id).

sql_tips-tag1.PNG

sql_tips-tag2.PNG

• 4.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 26, 2015 06:19 AM

thx cappali, do you know how the relations are setup, how i can map the endpoints to fetch their attributes? By using a query using the mac of the device?

• 5.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 26, 2015 06:26 AM
    Take a look at the SQL queries in the [Endpoints Repository] authentication source. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 6.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes

Posted Nov 01, 2015 02:05 PM
    Hi there, did you get anywhere with this? I am trying to get a posture report that shows the "hostname" instead of MAC Address and believe your way is the way to unless Aruba provide some custom templates. Thanks Ken

• 7.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes

Posted Apr 14, 2017 02:55 PM

Did the tips_tags_value get renamed to something else?  I do not have this table in the tipsdb in ver 6.6.x

• 8.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2017 03:03 PM
    The schema changed in 6.6. Check on AFP for some more information.

• 9.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes

Posted Apr 14, 2017 03:20 PM
    Im not a partner, i dont believe I have access to afp

Thanks

Electronic Privacy Notice. This e-mail, and any attachments, contains information that is, or may be, covered by electronic communications privacy laws, and is also confidential and proprietary in nature. If you are not the intended recipient, please be advised that you are legally prohibited from retaining, using, copying, distributing, or otherwise disclosing this information in any manner. Instead, please reply to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and then immediately delete it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

• 10.  RE: Database query Endpoint Attributes

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 14, 2017 03:40 PM

Ah sorry, thought you were. What query are you trying to build?