Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Device Name not showing on CPPM

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Device Name not showing on CPPM

Posted Jan 28, 2014 10:18 AM

Hi All,

I am setting up a Clearpass solution with MAC authentication (Yes, I know....).

On the Clearpass guest server, I want to create each device manually – all ok so far.

On the “Create MAC Authentication” page, there is an option to add “device name”, in fact it is a required field.

Yet on the list devices screen, there is no option to view device names.  I have tried using “Choose Columns” but I  am unable to find a “Device Name” option to display this on the List Devices screen?

I have searched the forum for answers but have not been able to find one as of yet,  does anyone have an idea of how to display the Device Name on the List devices screen?

TIA

G

• 2.  RE: Device Name not showing on CPPM

Posted Jan 28, 2014 10:42 AM

See if this helps:

2014-01-28 10_40_31-Create MAC Authentication.png

• 3.  RE: Device Name not showing on CPPM

Posted Jan 28, 2014 11:32 AM

Can you post a screenshot of the screen you're looking at please? I think I know, but I don't want to assume and lead you down the wrong path.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Device Name not showing on CPPM
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 28, 2014 05:03 PM

Are you using the Create Device menu item under Guest to create them?  

If so, the Device Name text corresponds to the vistor_name field.   You can view this under Forms & Views --> mac_create.    When I go to List Devices  (on 6.3) it allows me to see Device Name as a field.  

cppm-mac-cre.png

cppm-mac-list.png

• 5.  RE: Device Name not showing on CPPM

Posted Jan 29, 2014 03:51 AM

Clembo,

Thats fantastic, defo deserve your guru status :)

Thanks again

G