Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Documentation

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Documentation

Posted Sep 17, 2019 10:41 AM

I am sure many people have come across the need to document CPPM deployments for their clients, or they are performing a fresh install and need to document an old install of CPPM because of poor configurations.

My question is what are Techs doing to provide documentation for these two scenarios?

• 2.  RE: Documentation

Posted Sep 17, 2019 02:03 PM

• 3.  RE: Documentation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 12:58 AM

There are many useful ClearPass docs here 

https://arubanetworks.com/clearpassdocs

• 4.  RE: Documentation

Posted Sep 18, 2019 07:10 AM

Sorry,

I might not have been clear in my original post. I have edited it to add clarity. 

I am not looking for stock documentation. I am asking how do people document current deployments, and provide that information to their customers. 

• 5.  RE: Documentation

Posted Sep 18, 2019 07:27 AM

Hi bud.

For sure this is a question of what is really important to the customer, not really how deep is the documentation you deliver at the end of the project.

In my opinion, we need to understand that most of people at the customer that will read the documentation are not tech people, so we need to focus on the clarification of how the CPPM treats the access and how the endpoints are categorized, despite the technical way this has been done. In order to achieve this balance, usually I make two documentation packs: one strictly technical (with the backup info, service profile and role associations, etc) and one showing the global view of the environment. 

This way we can provide technical informations and valuable resources to technical support and the same way to the C-Level reading.