Security

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

Posted Mar 05, 2014 12:28 PM

Is possible to downgrade a ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2 on the same partition without loosing all the config ?

• 2.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 05, 2014 06:02 PM

I'm sorry to say this is not currenly supported. 

• 3.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

Posted Mar 05, 2014 09:10 PM

That's what I thought.

Thanks a bunch man

• 4.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

Posted Mar 05, 2014 09:17 PM

I have another quick question:

What happens if I make the other partition active and in this case it is on 6.2 can I restore a backup from a later code ?

• 5.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 05, 2014 09:58 PM

I'll confirm with engineering but between 6.2 and 6.3 are some minor DB changes. Even if the config adopts none of the new attributes/options we added into 6.3.0 I'd expect this restore to fail.

I'll confirm with enginnering ASAP what the outcome would be.

• 6.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

Posted Mar 05, 2014 10:01 PM

Cool thanks

• 7.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

Posted Mar 07, 2014 02:02 AM

Team,

Just to put this in writing and confirm my previous post. Its definatly not a supported option to restore a 6.3 backup on a 6.2 system. Changes made to multiple tables/schema will most likely cause failure during the restore. 

• 8.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

Posted Mar 12, 2015 05:29 AM

Hi,

Regardless of keeping the config of restoring backups, is it possible to downgrade ClearPass to an older version? Let's say: we bought a clearpass appliance running 6.5 with 6.4 on the other boot partition and we want to downgrade it to 6.3 or 6.2 to be able to join an old installation of a clearpass cluster. Is that possible? And how is it done?

Dante

• 9.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2015 05:37 AM
    It is not a self supported feature. You can work with TAC and see if they can downgrade, but most likely you will need to send the appliance in. Why would you want to downgrade that low? There are great performance enhancements, database improvements and new features in the later versions.

• 10.  RE: Downgrade ClearPass Appliance from 6.3 to 6.2

Posted Mar 12, 2015 05:41 AM

Hi Troy,

Just a hypothetical question :-)

We like to have spares of our own for our customers to be able to help them out very fast. But if downgrading is difficult or near impossible, we need to figure out what our options are for such a scenario.

Dante