Duplicate Guest Account
02-11-2019 09:37 AM
How do I prevent a guest from using the same email address and over-writing the settings of the existing account. For some reason if I already have a guest account of firstname.lastname@example.org, and have a certain role assigned to that. When a guest self registers, it overwrites the account messing up the original. I couldn't find a checkbox anywhere to disallow duplicates.
Re: Duplicate Guest Account
08-27-2019 01:33 PM - edited 08-27-2019 04:48 PM
Here is what I received from tech support and it does work fine at our end.
* Understood that when you had already created a guest user account manually and if the self registration user also creates a user account with the same account information, self registered user account is overwriting the existing account in guest repository.
* As discussed, we tested in our lab and it is an expected behavior.
* There is an auto_update_account field in the guest_register form.
* We also demonstrated the same on your server. When we set the initial value in the auto_update_account field to 0 and the existing account did not got overwritten. Instead user got an error "This username is already in use".
* We reverted the initial value back to 1 in auto_update_account field and the self registered user account updated the existing guest user account.
Another interesting read: