Security

Occasional Contributor II

Duplicate Guest Account

How do I prevent a guest from using the same email address and over-writing the settings of the existing account. For some reason if I already have a guest account of user@aruba.com, and have a certain role assigned to that. When a guest self registers, it overwrites the account messing up the original. I couldn't find a checkbox anywhere to disallow duplicates.

vd
New Contributor

Re: Duplicate Guest Account

Hi Rylo,

Here is what I received from tech support and it does work fine at our end.

* Understood that when you had already created a guest user account manually and if the self registration user also creates a user account with the same account information, self registered user account is overwriting the existing account in guest repository.

* As discussed, we tested in our lab and it is an expected behavior.

* There is an auto_update_account field in the guest_register form.

* We also demonstrated the same on your server. When we set the initial value in the auto_update_account field to 0 and the existing account did not got overwritten. Instead user got an error "This username is already in use".

* We reverted the initial value back to 1 in auto_update_account field and the self registered user account updated the existing guest user account.

Another interesting read:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Security/Clearpass-Guest-Self-Registration-question/m-p/52062#M4235

Thanks.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: