Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Dynamic Advertising

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Dynamic Advertising

Posted Nov 18, 2011 09:14 AM

Hi All,

A customer of our has asked if it's possible to create advertising material on their amigopod which is dynamic. For example they have a news area on their website which gets updated regularly (almost daily) which they'd like to display after login but don't want to have to update the "news" material on the amigopod every time they want this new news to be displayed.

Their website all php based and is hosted out on the interweb.

Is this possible to do?

I'm sure it is but HTML / PHP isn't really my speciality!

Cheers

James

• 2.  RE: Dynamic Advertising

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 18, 2011 09:25 AM

Can't the company redirect users to their News Webpage right after login?

• 3.  RE: Dynamic Advertising

Posted Nov 18, 2011 10:16 AM

They would like to show some current news before redirecting to another page.

• 4.  RE: Dynamic Advertising

Posted Nov 18, 2011 10:41 AM

James,

Amigopod has an optional advertising module that might be of interest to you. You can review the Advertising Deployment Guide here.

Alternatively you could consider using an iframe on one of the Amigopod guest facing pages that would load the latest news from your public website.

Here is a iframe reference link that might help.

Hope this helps

• 5.  RE: Dynamic Advertising

Posted Nov 18, 2011 01:35 PM

Hi Cam,

Thanks for the reply. The customer already has the advertising module but they are only currently leveraging it to display some news after login which is currently static information.

The customer is currently happy with it and as they have a website administrator they're looking into it themselves.

James

• 6.  RE: Dynamic Advertising

Posted Nov 19, 2011 03:52 PM

James,

Great to hear the customer is already leveraging the advertising plugin. If it is possible, it would be great to see a screenshot of how the post login page looks with the static content.

Help give us all some ideas on how the guest login experience can be used to deliver local information to the users of the Wi-Fi network.

Have a good weekend

Cam.

• 7.  RE: Dynamic Advertising

Posted Nov 21, 2011 09:51 AM

Hi Cam,

I'm not onste again now for some time but it looks similar to the news section on the  following page where there's a headline, an image and a couple of lines of the news item.

http://www.kowessex.co.uk/swnews/news.php

I'd had other requests to us an RSS feed for the news section but again don't think this is currently possible.

James