Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

EAP-TLS Service Rule

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  EAP-TLS Service Rule

Posted Mar 21, 2017 02:23 PM

I'm trying to create two service rules for the same SSID: one for EAP-TLS and one for EAP-PEAP (or anything other than EAP-TLS). I have for the service rule for the EAP-TLS service:

Type: Authentication

Name: OuterMethod

Operator: EQUALS

Value: EAP-TLS

I cannot get clients to hit this service with this rule. Trying to find out if the type should be different or if I'm messing something up in my logic. I have the same service rule for EAP-PEAP, but with a "NOTEQUALS" for the operator. 

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: EAP-TLS Service Rule
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 02:30 PM
    EAP method is negotiated after service categorization and thus cannot be used to categorize a service.

• 3.  RE: EAP-TLS Service Rule

Posted Mar 21, 2017 02:32 PM

Ah man! That stinks....but good to know. I guess I have to come up with better logic to get EAP-TLS and EAP-PEAP on one SSID. 

Thanks Tim! That helps me save time trying to figure this out.

• 4.  RE: EAP-TLS Service Rule

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 02:38 PM
    You can use OuterMethod in your enforcement policy. This is a pretty standard practice.

• 5.  RE: EAP-TLS Service Rule

Posted Mar 21, 2017 05:03 PM

Thanks Tim,

To make sure I understand, instead of splitting the Services up, keep one service but split the roles based on the enforcment policy?

• 6.  RE: EAP-TLS Service Rule

Posted Mar 21, 2017 05:18 PM

Think I got this down...thanks to you Tim.

*Created one service

*Used all types of authentications I will use on this SSID

*Split the different roles/traffic via the enforcement policies, which are based on the OuterMethod

You rock man! Thanks again!

• 7.  RE: EAP-TLS Service Rule

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 05:21 PM
    Awesome, glad you got it working!