Security

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

EAP TLS deployment

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  EAP TLS deployment

Posted Aug 27, 2012 07:48 PM

Hello everyone again

I have got a question regarding this... i have finally configured in a laboratory the EAP TLS with a windows server 2008 R2

Now i have got a question... i have seen that you can terminate the eap tls on the controller

What is the exactly funtion of this... i mean why would we want to do this? is there is a reason or special scenario this is needed?  i have been searching but with no luck...

All comments are welcome :)

• 2.  RE: EAP TLS deployment
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2012 08:45 PM

From an Airheads Talk by Jon Green:

"EAP termination moves the TLS (crypto) processing to the controller.  The EAP session is terminated here, and the controller uses hardware crypto acceleration to make sure performance remains high."

Please see the Advanced WLAN Security Presentation from Airheads Las Vegas here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Knowledge-Base/Advanced-Wireless-LAN-WLAN-Security/ta-p/29388

• 3.  RE: EAP TLS deployment

Posted Aug 27, 2012 08:53 PM

Nice! Collin

Thank you very much

Ill give it a reading hoping there is no more questions to ask to not to bother you :)