Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ERROR 9002 via 802.1x Wired

This thread has been viewed 44 times
  • 1.  ERROR 9002 via 802.1x Wired

Posted Mar 26, 2018 01:03 AM
      |   view attached

Hi to all,

im quite confuse on how to troubleshoot 802.1x  auth service thru wired.tho I was able to basic authentication without using any certificate before.

I am actually trying to do OnGuard thru wired on my lab.

please see  attached file for reference.

TIA :)

• 2.  RE: ERROR 9002 via 802.1x Wired

Posted Mar 26, 2018 06:01 AM

Hi,

It is a bit weird. I think you should use EAP-TLS as authentication method (if you are using certificates)

HTH

Kevin

• 3.  RE: ERROR 9002 via 802.1x Wired

Posted Mar 26, 2018 06:07 AM

Thanks for the resposne Kevin,

but I only plan to use PEAP on this one and I have a separate service for WEBAUTH HealthCheck.

• 4.  RE: ERROR 9002 via 802.1x Wired
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 26, 2018 06:19 AM

Ok, I understand.

Have you tried unchecking "Validate server certificate" in your client?

• 5.  RE: ERROR 9002 via 802.1x Wired

Posted Sep 17, 2018 03:06 PM

I faced same error code 9002 but with different error message in access tracker as below:

"MSCHAP: AD status:{Device Timeout} The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired. (0xc00000b5)
    MSCHAP: Authentication failed
    EAP-MSCHAPv2: User authentication failure"

And sometimes user authentication faild 2 or 3 times before success login.

any idea ?

• 6.  RE: ERROR 9002 via 802.1x Wired

Posted Mar 07, 2022 07:50 PM
    Hi, did you ever get it solved?

I'm facing the issue only with computer authentication in wired and wireless, clearpass version 6.7.4.107401.

Everything works fine with user authentication.

------------------------------
    Ulises Cazares

• 7.  RE: ERROR 9002 via 802.1x Wired

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2022 12:25 PM
    Best is to work with your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC Support. Timeouts can have multiple reasons, like client settings, MTU issues, authentication server timeouts. In this case, it may be that you have the EAP server root certificate in the Windows User certificate store, and not in the Computer certificate store.

Not that I think it is related, but ClearPass 6.7 is end-of-support and I would suggest to upgrade to a recent version.

Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.