Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

End Point Profiling report???

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  End Point Profiling report???

Posted Aug 28, 2017 06:19 AM

I am trying to get detailed data about end point profiles. The current tools are not customizable. For example, if I want to see all devices by device family, I cannot add this column. Only searching by it. 

It could have been helpful to generate reports about end points, but I cannot find any in  Insight 6.5. All the reports in Insight 6.6 are about authentication and Authorization. 

Seems like the only viable way to get real, detailed data is SQL queries to the DB. 

Here is a specific example: is there a way to find devices baes on the MAC vendor, other them querying the Endpoint DB?  This attribute is not available in the custom attribute list, and there is no report about endpoints. 

• 2.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 08:52 AM

Device family is a column by default for the Endpoint Overview report.

Screen Shot 2017-08-28 at 8.51.39 AM.png

• 3.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

Posted Aug 28, 2017 08:57 AM

Hi Tim

Thank you for the response. Though I am not sure that helps. My point is that Insight does not have endpoint reports to begin with. It has endpoint auth reports. I need to see all the endpoints which were discovered by the profiler. 

Maybe I am missing something and there is extra action to do, so end points will be consifered as been through authentication. 

Sagi

• 4.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 28, 2017 09:03 AM
    The “Endpoint Overview” report should provide this.

• 5.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

Posted Aug 28, 2017 09:13 AM

wel, it does not for me. There are thre types of sub reports - Endpoint Auth, Guest and Radius. When you use the profiler only, none of the devices have been through any of these events, so each one of these reports gives 0 results. 

• 6.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

Posted Sep 05, 2017 09:22 AM

Where can I find the "Endpoint Overview" report? 

All I can find are reports about devices which have been authenticated. When I do profiling only, there are no authentications. 

1.JPG

• 7.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2017 09:34 AM
    Which version of ClearPass are you running?

• 8.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

Posted Sep 05, 2017 10:14 AM

• 9.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2017 10:16 AM
    You are running a very old release. Please upgrade to the latest release (6.6.7) and you’ll find the report you’re looking for.

• 10.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

Posted Sep 05, 2017 10:38 AM

Thank you. I see is the Aruba sw download page that 6.6.0.81015 is still the official version. 

It also shows that 6.6.7 is a " Hotfix Patch for SMBv2/v3 Support and invalid EAP-TLS certificate exchange". Does it contain other things other then what the release notes says?  is that what I need to use for the upgrade?

1.JPG

• 11.  RE: End Point Profiling report???

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 05, 2017 10:40 AM
    Use the Software Update screen in ClearPass itself. 6.6.7 is the updated patch, then there is an additional bugfix patch to install after 6.6.7