Security

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Enforcement Profile - Cisco interface description removal

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Enforcement Profile - Cisco interface description removal

Posted Dec 06, 2017 01:43 PM

Greetings, I have created an enforcement profile that sends a Cisco interface description command when a dot1x athenticated device gets plugged into a switch. The command puts the hostname/IP description of the computer on the switch interface. If I move the device to a different port, it will do the same on the new port, but the previous port still is labeled with the same description. Does anyone know how to have Clearpass remove the old port description when the device is moved to a new port?

Here is the enforcement profile attributes command I am using to label the port:

config terminal
    interface %{Radius:IETF:NAS-Port-Id}
    description CP-%{Host:Name}-%{Radius:IETF:Framed-IP-Address}

Here is the result on the switch:

show int desc

Gi1/0/1 up  Laptop-xyz 10.10.10.10
    Gi1/0/2 down Laptop-xyz 10.10.10.10

• 2.  RE: Enforcement Profile - Cisco interface description removal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2017 02:08 PM
    What type of enforcement profile are you using?

• 3.  RE: Enforcement Profile - Cisco interface description removal

Posted Dec 06, 2017 04:32 PM

I'm using a CLI based enforcement profile

• 4.  RE: Enforcement Profile - Cisco interface description removal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2017 04:37 PM
    We don't really recommend using CLI enforcement anymore.

• 5.  RE: Enforcement Profile - Cisco interface description removal

Posted Dec 06, 2017 05:05 PM

I'm using the CLI enforcement because for example, when I use a VLAN enforcement profile, on the cisco show run interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1, it does not display the switchport access vlan XXX, you can only see the VLAN of the port in the "show int status". When CLI enforcement is used the show run of the interface actually show the correct VLAN and allows me to add an interface description.

Is the a better way to accomplish this with a didderent typ of enforcement profile? I just need the proper VLAN/Description of the interface and it to be removed if the device moves to another port.  Thanks!