Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Expiration from sponsor lookup

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Expiration from sponsor lookup

Posted Oct 07, 2014 02:45 PM

I have the sponsor lookup functionality working great in CP Guest 6.4. Guests enter a sponsor username, which is then looked-up in our Active Directory, and the sponsor's name is entered as expected.

I was wondering if it would be possible to use additional LDAP attributes from the sponsor account to populate certain CP attributes, such as expiration_time. Anyone try this before? Basically, I'd like to allow for different expiration times based on which sponsor is being used (1 day vs. 1 week).

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Expiration from sponsor lookup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 07, 2014 03:50 PM
    What you can do is create different operator profiles and based on what group membership in AD they have you can assign how many days the can assign

• 3.  RE: Expiration from sponsor lookup

Posted Oct 08, 2014 11:30 AM

I do that with our different types of operators already.

However, I'm looking to do this for guest self-registration, so that different sponsor accounts result in different expiration date/time calculations. I don't believe operator profiles are used in that instance (I could be wrong).