Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Expired Clearpass Licenses - Do I need to match quantities when renewing?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Expired Clearpass Licenses - Do I need to match quantities when renewing?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 12:41 PM

I have a Clearpass server that has 500 Enterprise licenses on it currently, and they are about to expire.  Looking at the license usage over time, 500 is more than I every use on this particular server inclusive of policy manager, guest and onboard.

My question is, can I lower that number when I am renewing the licenses (to 300 total which will cover the needs of this particular CPPM) or do I need to renew all 500 because that is ariginally what it was confiugred with? 

• 2.  RE: Expired Clearpass Licenses - Do I need to match quantities when renewing?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 01:05 PM
    The minimum ClearPass Policy Manager Base available license is 500

• 3.  RE: Expired Clearpass Licenses - Do I need to match quantities when renewing?

Posted Jan 30, 2017 01:07 PM

Aha, I knew there had to be a reason.  Does that hold true for Enterprise licenses as well?  I know that I can order fewer than 500 Enterprise at a time.  As I said, I'm using them for a combination of Onboard and Guest as well as default client access so I do need them. If 500 is the minimum total, then 500 it is, however if 500 base and 300 Enterprise is supported that would cover my needs.   

• 4.  RE: Expired Clearpass Licenses - Do I need to match quantities when renewing?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 30, 2017 01:26 PM
    The ClearPass Modules or Enterprise can be order this way :
    Enterprise :
    LIC-CP-EN-100 | LIC-CP-EN-500 | LIC-CP-EN-1K | LIC-CP-EN-2500 | LIC-CP-EN-5K | LIC-CP-EN-10K | LIC-CP-EN-25K | LIC-CP-EN-50K | LIC-CP-EN-100K