Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Failover with Layer 3 on CPPM for guest

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Failover with Layer 3 on CPPM for guest

Posted Oct 15, 2014 01:46 PM

We have two clearpass servers clustered.  Their management IP addresses are in different subnets.

The question is failover with Layer3.  As we will not have a VIP.  If the publisher fails, how do requests go to the subscriber?

For radius requests, I believe I can have a primary/secondary entries.  But for guest/captive portal, how does the request get to the secondary server upon failure of the publisher?

• 2.  RE: Failover with Layer 3 on CPPM for guest

Posted Oct 16, 2014 02:01 PM

im afraid you can't do this without something like a loadbalancer or such that checks if the destination is up .

• 3.  RE: Failover with Layer 3 on CPPM for guest

Posted Oct 17, 2014 12:28 PM

Just FYI, please find a link to a bunch of my TechNotes. One relates to CPPM & F5, this could be useful if you look a some SLB type deployment to assist with the failover of the Onboarding/Guest Portal.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=7961