Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

This thread has been viewed 19 times
  • 1.  Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

Posted Sep 15, 2016 12:36 AM

Trying to find this Field/Element in the Guest Fields.

I need to make a duplicate and change the label.

One Web Login page to reference one element with the stock 'Username:' label, and the other to reference the duplicate with a different string for the label.

I found this, 'guest/guest_custom_field.php?id=username'.. looks like the right Field/Element, but when I edit the label and refresh my Web Login's.. the label in the HTML doesn't change....

<!-- end no_p UI element -->
      <!-- begin user UI element (type: text; hidden: ;) -->
      <tr id="TR_form77aaa135_weblogin_user" style="display:none;">
        <th class="nwaLeft">
          <label for="ID_form77aaa135_weblogin_user">Username:</label>    </th>
        <td class="nwaBody"><a name="A_user"></a>
          <input type="email" style="width: 200px;" name="user" id="ID_form77aaa135_weblogin_user" value="" autocapitalize="off" autocorrect="off">
        </td>
      </tr>
      <!-- end user UI element -->

• 2.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 05:48 AM

Which form are you editing?  Can we have a screenshot of what you duplicated and what you are changing?

• 3.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

Posted Sep 15, 2016 07:44 AM

Standard Guest Web Login Form.

Untitled01.png

Then the Login Form after 'Edit'.

Untitled02.png

I want the labels to be 'a' and 'b' instead of 'Username' and 'Password'.

But.. not only that.. .. (because that can be done with 'Custom Labels' easily enough).

The caveat is I want want the 'b' / 'Password' field to not be masked out like a standard password field.

I want both fields to be unmasked.

I can create my own custom field to use ? Essentially use 2 x 'Username' 'like' fields.  So the alphanumeric entered is visible for both.. And both of these Fields have labels that I define the string for.

And I need both fields content to hit an external SQL Auth request.

Where a SQL filter/query will return value 'a' and 'b' .. But it's not seen as a 'username' and 'password'.. per se.. Simply to values in a SQL table.

• 4.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 15, 2016 09:17 AM

You can tweak the existing field properties under Forms & Views > (Guest Reg Name) > Edit Fields

You can change the labels or hte existing fields and change the field type of the password field.

• 5.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

Posted Sep 15, 2016 10:37 AM

Hang on.. Ok, guest/guest_custom_forms.php, and then which form ?

Guest what ?

The 'guest_register_*' forms are all 'self-registration' based forms and not what i'm after.

I just want to tweak the 'Login Form' on a 'Web Login' webpage, where in the 'Login Form' the 'Authentication:' option is set to 'Credentials: Require a username and a password'. 

• 6.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

Posted Sep 19, 2016 01:33 AM

Bumping this.. to get this sorted.. Almost there :)  :)

• 7.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 20, 2016 09:34 PM

FYI for anyone else.

Go into your 'Web Login' page.

Under 'Login Form' section.

Click checkbox to use 'Custom Labels'

The page breaks down immediately to show additional options.  Add your custom labels on 'Username' and 'Password'.

Then, to make the password field plain-text type.

Go to sub-section 'Login Page' further down in the config of 'Web Login', and add this to 'Footer HTML'

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

{nwa_script src=jquery.min}
    {literal}
    <script>
    $(document).ready(function () {
      $('input[name=password]').prop("type", "text");
    });
    </script>
    {/literal}

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

• 8.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

Posted Mar 11, 2019 12:37 PM

This thread is from a while ago now, but we've just used it to make the password text visible for guests. We're hoping it will help them to more easily get on the network.

Instead of entering it on one of the web login pages, we have it on the login page for guest self registration, still in the footer area.

As originally written, though, the code didn't work for us. We had to make a small modification. Quotes are needed around "password".

Just passing this along in case it helps someone else. Here's the final code we used:

<<<<<<>>>>>>

{nwa_script src=jquery.min}
    {literal}
    <script>
    $(document).ready(function () {
    $('input[name="password"]').prop("type", "text");
    });
    </script>
    {/literal}

<<<<<<>>>>>>

• 9.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

Posted Jul 06, 2022 02:04 PM
    Hi 

I have been struggled with the web login > password field 
    I want to disable or take autocomplete = "off" on the html page, here is an my web login password field.

<!-- begin password UI element (type: password; hidden: ;) -->
    <div id="TR_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password" style="display:none;">
    <div class="nwaLeft">
    <label for="ID_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password">รหัสผ่าน (Password)</label> </div>
    <div class="nwaBody"><a name="A_password"></a>
    <input type="password" style="width: 200px;" name="password" id="ID_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password" value="" autocomplete="new-password">
    <label for="PW_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password_no-ff-pwmgr-1" style="display:none;" aria-hidden="true">Unused field<input type="password" autocomplete="new-password" id="PW_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password_no-ff-pwmgr-1" value="no-ff-pwmgr-1" style="display:none;" aria-label="Unused field"></label>
    <label for="PW_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password_no-ff-pwmgr-2" style="display:none;" aria-hidden="true">Unused field<input type="password" autocomplete="new-password" id="PW_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password_no-ff-pwmgr-2" value="no-ff-pwmgr-2" style="display:none;" aria-label="Unused field"></label>
    <label for="PW_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password_no-ff-pwmgr-3" style="display:none;" aria-hidden="true">Unused field<input type="password" autocomplete="new-password" id="PW_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password_no-ff-pwmgr-3" value="no-ff-pwmgr-3" style="display:none;" aria-label="Unused field"></label>
    <label for="PW_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password_no-ff-pwmgr-4" style="display:none;" aria-hidden="true">Unused field<input type="password" autocomplete="new-password" id="PW_form66f3c09a_weblogin_password_no-ff-pwmgr-4" value="no-ff-pwmgr-4" style="display:none;" aria-label="Unused field"></label>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!-- end password UI element -->

Does anyone knows how to turn auto-complete off 

Thank you

• 10.  RE: Finding global Field/Elements used in the Web Login page; Unmasking Web Login -> Login Form Password

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 06, 2022 07:36 PM
    try this
    <form autocomplete="off">

------------------------------
    Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba.
    ------------------------------