Security

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

For guest user

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  For guest user

Posted Oct 08, 2018 12:45 AM

Hi,

Can you please tell me what are the things we can see in clear pass?

If suppose X user connected  with my wifi then please let me know what are the things i can see for that X user ,please let me know asap.

• 2.  RE: For guest user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 03:01 AM

That is not an easy question to answer without background.

Are you using ClearPass? Guest (self) registration? Anonymous click-through? Social login? What additional authorization sources are you using? Are you using Profiler?

Basically, all information that is used to perform the authentication in ClearPass is visible. So for an open guest SSID without any click page you won't see anything (but the mac address and device type in your controller); If you have sponsored or self-registration, you will see the entered info; if you have profiler enabled you will see in addition the device type. With social login, you will see whatever your social platform (like Facebook, Google) exposes to you.

• 3.  RE: For guest user

Posted Oct 08, 2018 05:06 AM

Hi,

yes we are using clear pass ,but not self guest registration as we manually  use to create credentials   from clear pass guest for any user.And no profiler.

• 4.  RE: For guest user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 09:54 AM

Then you will get username as well in addition to mac address authenticating AP, logon time, and possible attributes that were entered during the sponsoring process. If you enabled accounting, you can also report on time and traffic volume used. 

Are you looking for specific reporting or information?

• 5.  RE: For guest user

Posted Oct 10, 2018 12:49 AM

Hi,

I am looking for like in maximum detail ,what he is browsing how can i see this.will you please tell me about this.(IP,MAC,User name, Browsing history etc)

• 6.  RE: For guest user

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2018 04:18 AM

IP, MAC, Username: Yes, this is available.

Browsing history: As ClearPass is not 'in-line' with the traffic, it has no visibility of sites, protocols, etc, that the user is going to. If you have an external firewall that logs this information, you can use ClearPass exchange to share the IP/MAC/Username with the firewall, so the firewall can log traffic on the username. 

If start-stop session and traffic volume are enough to cover browsing history, make sure you have RADIUS accounting configured as that data will be recorded as well.

• 7.  RE: For guest user

Posted Oct 10, 2018 06:06 AM

Hi,

Thanku for suggestion,

What can  airwave do,as my clear pass is connected with airwave ,so in airwave what are the things/detail i can see about my connected user with ssid?