Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Account Session Limit

This thread has been viewed 24 times
  • 1.  Guest Account Session Limit

Posted Jan 04, 2018 03:37 PM
      |   view attached

Curious to know where the self registered guest session limit gets set on an account. The default for a self registered guest is 1. If another device is registered with the same email that account gets a CoA automatically after login and the session is terminated.

Please help me locate where the session limit is set. I am not finding it defined in a form field on submission of the registration. I would like to set it to 2 or 3.sesss.png

• 2.  RE: Guest Account Session Limit

Posted Jan 05, 2018 06:25 AM
    In your enforcement policy?

(Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]:Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) -> [Deny Access]

• 3.  RE: Guest Account Session Limit

Posted Jan 05, 2018 07:36 AM

Not there. This value is being set when the user account is created.

The enforcement policy would be checking the unique count value to ensure it isnt higher than that number, am I wrong?

• 4.  RE: Guest Account Session Limit

Posted Jan 08, 2018 03:00 PM

Any thoughts on this value being set?

• 5.  RE: Guest Account Session Limit
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2018 07:11 AM

The answer to my question can be found in the screenshot below. Under Guest in Aruba goto Guest Manager. Toward the bottom of those settings you will find General Options > Active Sessions. This is where the guest user limit active session limit is set. 

Wanted to supply this to anyone else that may be looking but not finding this setting.

5.png