Security

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Blacklisting

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Guest Blacklisting

Posted Aug 07, 2014 06:17 PM
    Hi,<br>I would like to implement the blacklist for users in public captive portal using ClearPass guest, to prevent brute force attacks, anyone know how?<br>Thanks

• 2.  RE: Guest Blacklisting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2014 07:15 PM

At the Virtual AP level under advanced, you would enable "Station Blacklisting" (the master switch).  You would also configure the authentication failure blacklist time, which says how long the user would not be able to associate (Zero would be permanent).

blacklist-vap.JPG

In the Captive Portal Authentication Profile, you would also configure "Max Authentication Failures" which would indicate how many times the user would have to fail authentication before they are blacklisted (zero turns off blacklisting).

blacklist-cp.JPG

• 3.  RE: Guest Blacklisting

Posted Aug 08, 2014 02:16 AM

Many thanks Colin for the fast answer.
    I forgot tell that we are using Instant AP with External Captive Portal from Clearpass, it would be the same?
    Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Guest Blacklisting
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE

• 5.  RE: Guest Blacklisting

Posted Aug 08, 2014 12:14 PM

Thanks! I thought it would be different when use an external portal. :smileywink: