Security

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Captive Portal on Motorola (Zebra)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest Captive Portal on Motorola (Zebra)

Posted Nov 02, 2016 10:15 AM

We have a customer with Motorola wireless rolled out to multiple sites. Some sites are using a controller with guest traffic tunneled back, while others are using the AP in bridge mode.

We are working to integrate this system with ClearPass for guest access. With aruba i am used to redirecting clients back to 'securelogin.arubanetworks.com' or the name of the certificate on the devices, and this traffic is then automatically captures by the local aruba device.

I am not familiar with Motorola, is there a similar functionality for this, or do i need to create a different Web Login page for each controller so that clients submit to their local device for authenticaiton?

The one document i found for Motorola guest and CPPM integration was for CPPM v6.1, but the Address feild in the guest login page defined in the CPPM is left blank. For testing in the lab I'm adding the IP of the one controller we are testing with but how can we expand this to multiple auth devices?

Thanks,

_ELiasz

• 2.  RE: Guest Captive Portal on Motorola (Zebra)

Posted Nov 02, 2016 11:19 AM

I dug throught some more Zebra documents, and found that there is an option for a 'virtual-hostname' in the Zebra Captive portal config. When i configure this it looks to redirect to the virtual hostname when i click login on the CPPM, however that Virtual hostname just comes back with not able to resolve.

From what i can see the virtual hostname only needs to be defined in the captive portal profile, but maybe im missing something?

• 3.  RE: Guest Captive Portal on Motorola (Zebra)

Posted Nov 14, 2016 02:27 PM

Just incase someone comes across this in the future, the fix was to configure the Captive Portal to be Central-Controller for tunneled APs, and on the bridged version or Motorola APs to set the captive portal to 'self'. This allowed the Virtual-Hostname to resolve to the local device for authentication to work.

• 4.  RE: Guest Captive Portal on Motorola (Zebra)

Posted Dec 20, 2017 11:14 AM

Where did you find the virtual-hostname config? - I've been looking all over for this configuration item.....