Security

Occasional Contributor I

Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?

I would like the ability to CC in the Guest Sponsor when the Guest expiration warning email is generated for the guest. This post sugested 2 options: 2018 Post - Notification-of-guest-accounts-due-to-expire-in-X-days I have tried both of them and neither work. Has anyone found a way to do this?

Joe

Aruba Employee

Re: Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?

In the Expiration config, Set Send Copies to CC and set the value to '_admin'.  That special value should use the sponsor_email value of the account if it is set.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks for reply Garth. I have configured this now in Guest Manager and have created a guest account that will expire in 2 days. I am the sponsor, so will see if I get an email tomorrow!guest manager cnfg.png

Aruba Employee

In Manage Accounts, hit Show Details on your test account and confirm sponsor_email is there.  If you are not manually entering it on the create form then you need your operator auth service returning it appropriately.  

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks. Yes 'sponsor_email' has the correct sponsor email value from the Guest account Show Details. expire_time is 31 hours from now so hopeing for an email later today.

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Garth, it looks to be working OK. I had a test account enabled for over  a month then extended it by 1 day from now. The expiration email did indeed get cc'd to the sponsor. Still waiting to see an account expire and notify without a manaul change, but I'm happy that it seems to do what we need.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: