Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?

Posted Oct 08, 2019 06:18 PM

I would like the ability to CC in the Guest Sponsor when the Guest expiration warning email is generated for the guest. This post sugested 2 options: 2018 Post - Notification-of-guest-accounts-due-to-expire-in-X-days I have tried both of them and neither work. Has anyone found a way to do this?

Joe

• 2.  RE: Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 09, 2019 12:08 PM

In the Expiration config, Set Send Copies to CC and set the value to '_admin'.  That special value should use the sponsor_email value of the account if it is set.

• 3.  RE: Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?

Posted Oct 10, 2019 12:20 AM

Thanks for reply Garth. I have configured this now in Guest Manager and have created a guest account that will expire in 2 days. I am the sponsor, so will see if I get an email tomorrow!guest manager cnfg.png

• 4.  RE: Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 10, 2019 08:05 AM

In Manage Accounts, hit Show Details on your test account and confirm sponsor_email is there.  If you are not manually entering it on the create form then you need your operator auth service returning it appropriately.  

• 5.  RE: Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?

Posted Oct 10, 2019 05:22 PM

Thanks. Yes 'sponsor_email' has the correct sponsor email value from the Guest account Show Details. expire_time is 31 hours from now so hopeing for an email later today.

• 6.  RE: Guest Expiration Notification - does a methode to CC the sponsore exist?

Posted Oct 15, 2019 03:18 AM

Hi Garth, it looks to be working OK. I had a test account enabled for over  a month then extended it by 1 day from now. The expiration email did indeed get cc'd to the sponsor. Still waiting to see an account expire and notify without a manaul change, but I'm happy that it seems to do what we need.