Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Login with Twitter

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Guest Login with Twitter

Posted Oct 23, 2014 09:19 AM

Hello,

I am trying to get the social network login working with Instant and ClearPass Guest.

I already set up Facebook and LinkedIn without any problem, but not Twitter. I don't know why, but everytime I try to click on the button, I am instantly redirected to the captive portal, as if it was only refreshing the page...

To be sure that's it's not due to a firewall rule problem, I tested using the login page when being on a network with full access. Facebook and LinkedIn work, but not Twitter...

Any help would be appreciated.

- nice2k.

• 2.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter

Posted Oct 23, 2014 09:38 AM

Do you have these whitelisted ?

2014-10-23 09_37_07-Switch General Configuration.png

• 3.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter

Posted Oct 23, 2014 09:45 AM

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I whitelisted all of these 3 domains. And to be sure that it is not a fw blocking problem, I launched the login page from this link using a network where I have all access :

Capture d’écran 2014-10-23 à 15.42.57.png 

• 4.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter

Posted Oct 23, 2014 10:12 AM

Did you defined the following in the Twitter App?

2014-10-23 10_07_10-clearpass_access _ Twitter Application Management.png

And use the right credentials:

2014-10-23 10_08_06-clearpass_access _ Twitter Application Management.png

• 5.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter

Posted Oct 23, 2014 10:20 AM

Yes, that's what I did ! Except the URL of the page where I put the login page instead :

https://xxxxx/guest/Aquastar_login.php

I really don't see why everything works with the others and not with Twitter...

• 6.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter

Posted Oct 23, 2014 11:05 AM

Interesting...sounds like a FW issue 

• 7.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter

Posted Oct 24, 2014 04:18 AM

I can't see how :(

• 8.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 04:21 AM
    You need to Tripple check your URL setting in Twitters app setup page. Usually when that happens the post back to CPPM is not correct or as victor mentioned it's a firewall issue.

• 9.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter

Posted Oct 24, 2014 04:53 AM

Thanks for your help.

I triple checked my URL login in the Twitter App, it is good. I'm on the network login page with the buttons when I click on it.

I don't understand how it can be a FW issue since I can navigate without any problem on twitter, api.twitter.com, etc...

• 10.  RE: Guest Login with Twitter
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 07, 2014 05:10 AM

WOW. Finally solved this problem !!

I was using an auto-register page for guests and when I was trying to click on the Twitter login page, nothing was happening. It was just like it was refreshing the portal.

So, I tried to create a Web Login page instead, and when I tested i got an error :

"Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value 'oob'"

Figured out that it was because I left the Callback URL field blank on my Twitter App...

This HAS to be non-empty

I put "https://example.com" only to have something in there and everything worked perfectly.

Capture d’écran 2014-11-07 à 11.05.43.png

After several weeks of scratching my head, I'm happy I found what was going on and hope it will help others that are trying to implement Twitter for their guest login.

- nice2k