Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Network Blacklist/MAC Filtering

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Guest Network Blacklist/MAC Filtering

Posted Feb 21, 2018 07:23 PM

Hey all,

Looking to implement a blacklist on our Guest SSID that will not allow our staff workstations to connect. The SSID is using captive portal for authentication, RADIUS for Secure SSID, no ClearPass.

Ultimately, we're a Chrome OS shop internally, and we need to prevent Chrome devices from connecting to that network completley. The reason is once they do connect the devices prefer the open network over our secure wireless and it is taking progressively more resources to revert the changes made by the users.

I have a list of all staff device MAC addresses and it is actively maintained, I just need a way to prevent these addresses from connecting to the guest network. CLI would be preferred so that it could be automated through a script. Kind of an Aruba n00b, so please be verbose with your explanation/commands.

Somewhat lost and unable to find anything in previous posts, anyone have a script their using that they would like to share? Or care to write one for this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Guest Network Blacklist/MAC Filtering

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 21, 2018 07:25 PM
    You can just stamp an endpoint attribute when they successfully authenticate to your secure network and then add a rule in your guest enforcement policy that checks for the attribute.

• 3.  RE: Guest Network Blacklist/MAC Filtering

Posted Feb 21, 2018 07:56 PM

Upon reading the info you provided it appeared as though this would require ClearPass 6.0.x and above. Is it possible to add endpoint attributes without using ClearPass?

It would be preferable to have a single command that would prevent a specified host/MAC address from connecting to one of our SSIDs, but allowing it on all the others. I can script from there, just need the specific command for MAC filtering on a single SSID.