Security

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest Portal Access with CPPM and Cisco WLC

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Guest Portal Access with CPPM and Cisco WLC

Posted Nov 04, 2018 06:26 PM

Not sure how many of you out there are using Clearpass with a Cisco WLC, but I am running into some issues regarding a guest partal.

Right now I have a simple web portal set up where the user enters their email and name and they are given a username and password to log in. Once the user has gotten their credentials and clicks "log in", they are redirected  to 1.1.1.1 which then gives an error that says "This site is not secure, are you sure you want to proceed, etc".

I get that error on both my test iOS and Windows devices. I was on the phone with TAC and they were no help, and even our Aruba engineer suggested I call Cisco's TAC.

Has anyone else had issues with this before? All I need is a simple portal that allows guests, I don't know why this has been such a thorn in my side.

Any comments and suggestions are appreciated!

• 2.  RE: Guest Portal Access with CPPM and Cisco WLC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2018 06:46 PM
    1.1.1.1 is a valid IP address which hosts a website. You need to use a different virtual IP.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wireless-lan-wlan/213535-wlc-virtual-ip-address-1-1-1-1.html

• 3.  RE: Guest Portal Access with CPPM and Cisco WLC

Posted Nov 05, 2018 10:31 AM

So I changed the virtual interface to an IP that Cisco suggests. Now when I click "log in" on the guest portal, it takes me to that IP with the "site not secure" error. When I click "proceed" it takes me to a Cisco WLC page with an Accept button. When I click that it redirects me to nothing, the address bar just says Redirect.