Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest access through CP stops working after 1-2 hrs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest access through CP stops working after 1-2 hrs

Posted Mar 02, 2013 10:12 AM

Guest access through CP stops working after 1-2 hrs can be corrected by rebooting the controllers (3400 running 6.1.3.7) any ideas where to look to see why it stops working? The CP captures email addr only to auth and allow access.

• 2.  RE: Guest access through CP stops working after 1-2 hrs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 02, 2013 06:28 PM
    When you say stops working.. What do you mean? Is this a specific type of device or all devices that exhibit this symptom? Did you NOT include dhcp in the guest ACL so that they cannot renew their addresses (is my best guess)?

• 3.  RE: Guest access through CP stops working after 1-2 hrs

Posted Mar 03, 2013 12:06 AM

hah thats a good one...

Now you say that i think i didnt put DHCP on the post authenticated role the any dhcp, on my last installation a few days ago... and now you put me thinking... willl check on all the WC i have installed for this

• 4.  RE: Guest access through CP stops working after 1-2 hrs

Posted Mar 03, 2013 10:28 AM

Colin's suggestion sounds likely.   Even if you have dhcp allowed, check to see if you have a "block rogue dhcp" acl in place somewhere that is incorrect.     I often see rules set with any any udp 68 deny instead of user any udp 68 deny.