Security

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest auto redirect after self reg

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Mar 30, 2016 07:02 PM

Hi forum,

I'm looking for something that will:

after a guest register an account and once they hit that register button,

they should be logged in and redirected to the home page without the need to see the receipt page.

I found this code that I put on the receipt page footer, but it redirects them back to the same guest self reg page and clearpass shows their auth request as failed. without the code it works fine if I go to the receipt page and click login. 

here is the code:

<script type="text/javascript"><!--{literal}

addLoadEvent(function() {

Nwa_SubmitForm(_form_name,"ID_"+_form_name+"_submit");

});

//-->

{/literal}</script>

simply I want my guest not to be able to see the receipt page.

• 2.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Mar 30, 2016 07:49 PM

I also put this code on the header of the receipt but still puts me back to the main self-reg page:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;url=http://www.arubanetworks.com/"> 

• 3.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Mar 31, 2016 08:10 AM

Hello!

You do need two pages, but you don't need them to actually do anything on the receipt page. What is shown and how long on the receipt page is up to you tho.

On the receipt page - do not check the "Override Receipt" field, but rather change type to hidden in the form.. Keep the scripts in there as you do, and this should work..

• 4.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Mar 31, 2016 12:01 PM

Thanks John,

I must be missing something you are saying.....two pages you say? I have two pages; self-reg with only accept terms and conditions and receipt page. The receipt page don't have that override checked.

I don't know what you mean by two pages. can you elaborate please.

• 5.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Mar 31, 2016 10:34 PM

anyone else have seen this before? I can't be the first to deal with this!

• 6.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Apr 01, 2016 03:06 AM

Two pages - as in registration and receipt. You can not jump directly from registration to external-website, but this process will make it so the user doesn't have to click anything on the receipt page..

I found another post that is very similar to your scenario, which I'm guessing is where you found your scripts. Correct?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Custom-ClearPass-Guest-page-for-Public-Login-no-username-pass/td-p/137559

You might be missing something from that post that cause your setup to fail. Perhaps this?:

>>> Then on the registraton receipt, we enabled the username and password fields but hidden.

• 7.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Apr 01, 2016 03:22 AM

Correct John I have the code from that post. I do actually have the username and password field on the receipt page but they are not hidden, I figured I will have user redirected right away and they won't have the chance to see the receipt at all. Do you think I should hide the username/password field and that might fix it?

• 8.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Apr 01, 2016 03:24 AM
    Hiding them won't fix anything I'm afraid. Do you have some screenshots of your setup so we could see more details? Might be that the script doesn't trigger the correct form which in turn should trigger the login process..

• 9.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Apr 04, 2016 01:30 AM

Hi John,

Would please let me know to post what screen shots? I have included some below but not sure what else would help here.

My self-reg page only have the accept T&C and everything else is hidden(see below) and currently I'm showing the receipt page(Ideally I would like not to show it and be redirected after registering)

Thanks for your response.

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.25.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.25.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 10.32.20 PM.png

• 10.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Apr 04, 2016 02:53 AM

Did you edit out the scripts from the receipt page? You should have something like in your header HTML:

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2;url=http://www.arubanetworks.com/"> 

And this in your footer HTML

});
    //-->
    {/literal}</script>

Your form need to have username/password fields pre-filled. Since that is default in the registration process, you just need to hide the fields.

• 11.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Apr 07, 2016 04:32 PM

Hi John,

the code is not there because it was causing a failed authentication when I put it there. I took it off just so I can get it to work.

It is working, but showing the receipt page :(

• 12.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2016 03:02 PM

Pretty sure that those two items are mutually exclusive.

The meta refresh is going to try and redirect the client after 2 seconds but not be successful considering the script will have "clicked" the submit button and sent you on to the login page before that.

• 13.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Aug 25, 2016 05:50 PM

The previous tips are helpful, but are the wrong way to approach this. This is EXTREMELY simple to accomplish.

Since I'm not sure if you've messed anything up with your fields, I recommend you create a NEW Guest Self-Reg and set it up the way you want it. Do not hide anything on the receipt page, do not modify the receipt page fields. Keep it simple.

Then, all you need to do is add this to your FOOTER HTML on your RECEIPT PAGE:

});
    //-->
    {/literal}</script>

That code is for an IMMEDIATE form submission.

(Do NOT add the meta redirect code!)

Let ClearPass take care of your redirect URL -- the code above will submit the form and ClearPass will redirect to the URL you specify here:

CPGuest > Config > Pages > Guest Self-Reg > (Edit yours) > Advanced Editor > Default Destination

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 2.48.03 PM.png

Full tutorial @ https://arubapedia.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-to:_Auto_Submit_Amigopod_Receipt

Give that a shot and report back,

-Harry

• 14.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 02:14 PM

Just want to reiterate what Harry said: Do not mess with the field on the receipt page.

Follow the how-to link for code to hide the form, type whatever you want in the header just in case something doesn't move like expected but leave the fields alone.

• 15.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Aug 03, 2018 03:37 PM

I did that code on the footer of the receipt and it does not work in the first try. When I self register it goes back to original self register remembering my data I gave and only after second click with the same fields it auto redirects me. Why?

• 16.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 05, 2018 03:49 PM

Do you see any errors in the Access Tracker for the login attempt?

• 17.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Aug 05, 2018 11:25 PM

Yes I do, first it is error 206, denied by policy which basically in my case says guest that just self registered may not be GUEST but second try with the same data goes through. ID looks fine in "computed attributes" but it defenitely has a problem when doing first time with role GUEST

Screen Shot 2018-08-05 at 11.13.08 PM.png

What I noticed is that during first try failed attempt has no GuestUser:sponsor_profile_name as [GUEST], simply nothing except correct ID but second try does have GuestUser:sponsor_profile_name as a GUEST.

• 18.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2018 10:29 PM

I'd recommend contacting TAC to go through the troubleshooting.

My wild stab at troubleshooting with too little information says that you are logging in against a subscriber but the database entry hasn't been synced from the publisher yet.

• 19.  RE: Guest auto redirect after self reg

Posted Aug 07, 2018 08:37 AM

I found a solution or bypass depending how you view it. For someone who needs that solved you need to do delay like 1 second min on your self registration page becasue on no delay it simply did not work. BTW this may be due to remote setup.