Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest self-registration redirect to login

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Guest self-registration redirect to login

Posted May 31, 2018 04:09 PM

How do you configured the self-registration process so that guests are sent their credentials and redirected to the login page upon form submittal? Currenlty my configuration is auto-logging in the guest after form submittal, if I disable the auto-login capability then the form cannot be submitted causing the action of sending the receipt not to occur.

• 2.  RE: Guest self-registration redirect to login

Posted Jun 01, 2018 05:50 AM
    You could display a login link on the receipt page, so users would have to click it to get to the login page, then login.

Or you could possibly use some coding skills (which I don't have) to automatically redirect to the login page instead of the receipt page.

• 3.  RE: Guest self-registration redirect to login

Posted Jun 01, 2018 08:46 AM

At the receipt page the user has to click the "login" button to ensure the receipt is sent to them via email/sms. When they click the "login" button it also authenticates them automatically, which is what I would like to prevent. In summary, I need the receipts sent but the autologin function disabled. Unfortunately I do not have coding skills either. LOL

• 4.  RE: Guest self-registration redirect to login
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 01, 2018 11:18 AM

Just got off the phone with a TAC engineer who provided a quick and easy solution! Way to go Aruba TAC!

The solution is simple, enter the code shown below into the footer of the receipt page. This code causes a redirect action to occur before the receipt page is shown while also triggering the text/sms receipts to be sent. Remember to update the URL in code below to reflect the name of your ClearPass server and guest registration page.

--------------

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=https://clearpass.com/guest/guest_register_login.php?_browser=1"/>

• 5.  RE: Guest self-registration redirect to login

Posted Oct 19, 2018 04:56 PM

This does bring you back to the page, but the fields on the register form still has the last user inputted data.  Is this not an issue for you?

Also tried going to a intermediate html page that redirects back to register page and still has user inputted data in the register fields

• 6.  RE: Guest self-registration redirect to login

Posted Nov 08, 2018 10:32 AM

My apologies for the very late reply! We are not having that issue, navigating across the pages works flawlessly. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. If you need configuration examples I can take screenshots as needed.