Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest user to have visibility of its accounting data

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Guest user to have visibility of its accounting data

Posted Jul 17, 2017 03:33 AM

Hi All,

i am testing a captive portal feature using clearpass to one of my customer. the clearpass captive portal works fine with my controller accounting setup to the clearpass.

the one thing left that my customer want is the user to have visibility of how much data they have been using and how much time they have left of the captive portal access. i already have these data in the access tracker via accounting from controller but i am having trouble to show this data to the user. i am thinking using captive portal welcome page's forms but i cannot find the command to show these data.

anyone have anything to help me?

• 2.  RE: Guest user to have visibility of its accounting data

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:36 AM

• 3.  RE: Guest user to have visibility of its accounting data

Posted Jul 17, 2017 04:52 AM

i cannot open the given link. i use this one instead:

https://arubapedia.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-To:_Limit_Daily_Free_Access

this one looks promising and seems like what i am looking for.

will give it a try. thanks a lot!

• 4.  RE: Guest user to have visibility of its accounting data

Posted Jul 17, 2017 07:15 AM

Hi Question,

in the guide from link above, it says

"

Check what the initial value is set to for the "role_id" field. Go to that user role and edit it. Add the following attributes:

Edit or add the "Reply-Message" attribute.

"

i am not sure how do i add attribute to the guest role in the clearpass guest? in which menu i can find this config?