Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

Posted Oct 02, 2013 07:31 AM

1. (Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]:Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1)  [Deny Access Profile]

>ClearPass is keeping  denying even after user session is expired and deleted ..please advise.... i want to user to be able to connect only with 1 device for 1 hour.and his session is over he can re create a new user with the same e-mail and login with another (2nd device)

• 2.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:12 AM

Perhaps instead of just expiring the account...you can expire AND DELETE the account.  That way, the user can just re-create it with the same email.

• 3.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:15 AM

Thanks....BUTIt's already configured like this....

Capture.PNG

and it's aint working... when the 1 hour is over - i cant login with the same e-mail(user) with a 2nd device...

• 4.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:17 AM

Did you check the guest account after the hour?  Is it still there?

• 5.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:19 AM

yep  ...as expired....

but the problem is that there is still endpoint record is still there even after the user account is expired....

• 6.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:20 AM

Yep...and that's the issue.  The account must also be deleted.  I'm wondering if it's a config issue or a bug.  Perhaps a TAC case?

• 7.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:21 AM

it's really freaking me out...

i want the guest to be able to login for 1 hour with 1 device.

but when the 1 hour is over...is account is expired...but his enpoint is still written...so if he trying to create a new account with the same user/e-mail with another devices...it's getting reject - even due...he his already finish his first 1 hour with his first device...

• 8.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:26 AM

FOr the Guest service you're using, can you check the post-auth actions?

I see one here that may work for you...

Screen Shot 2013-10-02 at 8.25.47 AM.png

• 9.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

Posted Oct 02, 2013 08:57 AM

noop..that not what i looking for.

the problem is with the endpoint record...and not with the expired guest 

(i want the user to be able to log with 2nd device after the first 1 hour as passed and he finished to use is first device)

• 10.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

Posted Feb 19, 2014 09:48 AM

Have you tried this setting?

I'm facing the same problem with stale endpoints for old devices accumulating and causing users to exceed the unique-device-count.

CPPM Endpoint Expiration

• 11.  RE: H3LP | Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1) [Deny Access Profile] ....even after session over :(

Posted Feb 26, 2014 08:30 AM

I'll give it a try...

1. (Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]:Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 1)  [Deny Access Profile]

You can't use this in your scenario - since that just counts the number of devices that is in the endpoint database connected with the same username.

Or keep it there, but use a custom "Redirect profile" to Captive Portal, instead of the [Deny access profile].

But ok - try first to remove that - and rely on a post_authentication enf.profile normally called "Guest Session Limit" if you create a MAC-auth service using the Wizard.

That should disconnect the client if he has more than x active sessions. X is the number you've either set in Guest Manager, or manually edited for your self-registration.

26.02.03.png

Let me know how that works out :)