Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

Posted Jun 02, 2015 04:06 PM

Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest where self-registration is only available after hours? To clarify, the goal is to redirect users to a web page, during business hours, to contact a guest admin, but use self-registration pages available after business hours when no guest admins are present?

Thanks

Randy

• 2.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 02, 2015 04:22 PM

Please take a look at the article here:  (requires Aruba Support Login) https://arubapedia.arubanetworks.com/arubapedia/index.php/How-To:_Restrict_Guest_Login_Page_to_Business_Hours

• 3.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

Posted Jun 03, 2015 08:54 AM
    Thanks Colin. I tried the solution in my lab on the self-registration page without success. I will play with it some more to see if I can get it to work. Thank you for the reference

Regards...

Randy B.

• 4.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 03, 2015 09:27 AM
    Randy,

Are you doing the use case like in the article, or is what you are doing different? Did you get the specific example in the article to work?

• 5.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

Posted Jun 04, 2015 10:11 AM

Colin...

I tried to relpicate the use case in the article to see if I can get some ideas to get to the end destication.  unfortunatly I am getting an error when I add the HTML to the headers and footer as mention in the how to...

Error in template: [in __template__55705bad5be934.94472563.html line 1]: syntax error: (secure mode) 'date' not allowed in if statement (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 291)

Do you know if there are any working examples of this on clearpass.arubademo.net?

Thanks

Randy

• 6.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2015 10:32 AM

RLB,

Please try this:

Above what you have add:

{assign var=Hi value='Hi'|date}

The every place you see date("Hi") replace it with $Hi.

Let us know if that works.

• 7.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2015 03:42 PM

RLB,

I did this to test this:

Header

{nwa_cookiecheck}
    {assign var=Hi value='Hi'|date}
    {if $Hi < "1600"}
       <h3>Service Unavailable</h3>
        <h4>Guest Network Access unavailable before 4pm</h4>
        <div style="display:none;">
       {elseif $Hi >= "1700"}
       <h3>Service Unavailable</h3>
        <h4>Guest Network Access unavailable after 5pm</h4>
        <div style="display:none;">
       {/if}

{if $errmsg}{nwa_icontext type=error}{$errmsg|escape}{/nwa_icontext}{/if}

{nwa_text id=7980}<p>
        Please login to the network using your
        username and password.
    </p>{/nwa_text}

Footer

{if $Hi < "1600" || $Hi >= "1700"}
       </div>
       {/if}
    {nwa_text id=7979}<p>
    Contact a staff member if you are experiencing
    difficulty logging in.
    </p>{/nwa_text}

I purposely changed to between 1600 and 1700 so that I would be outside of that range to test.  You can change it to any 24-hour range to suit your needs.

• 8.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

Posted Jun 04, 2015 06:27 PM

Colin...

The added HTML as scripted in my lab and it worked on my self registration pages.  I am going to tweak it so that between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm users are directed to contact a staff member to create an account.  between the hours of 4:00pm and 8:00am the self registration page should appear...Thank You VM for getting me most of the way there, appreciate your dedication to the site and prompt replies..Highest Regards 

• 9.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2015 07:23 PM

RLB,

It has been brought to my attention that there is already a time restriction built into the guest registration page:

guest-reg.png

• 10.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

Posted Jun 04, 2015 07:26 PM
    Oh? Do tell...

Randy

• 11.  RE: Has anyone ever successfully implemented a timed model for ClearPass Guest?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 04, 2015 07:29 PM

It is in the screenshot in the previous post.

Pages> Guest Self-Registration> Edit Self-Registration Page> Advanced Editor:

guest-reg.png