Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Help! IP Pooling Cisco Anyconnect CPPM

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Help! IP Pooling Cisco Anyconnect CPPM

Posted Feb 23, 2015 09:51 AM

Hi Airheads,

First of all i'm quite new to the community and new to Aruba related products.
    We started off in december with a WiFi pilot with the current setup:
    Controller 7210 (version: 6.4.2.2)
    AirWave
    CPPM (version: 6.4.2.68288)

Together with our 3rd party network team we're trying to do all authentication for our switches and vpn via CPPM. The authentication part was easy to setup, however we are also trying to setup assigning IP address via CPPM. Is this possible? What would be to best way to achieve this?
    Client > AnyConnect > CPPM (Authentication + IP) > AnyConnect > Client

Thanks in advance

Alex

• 2.  RE: Help! IP Pooling Cisco Anyconnect CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2015 09:53 AM
    Where would you be setting the IP assignment? From a database, not DHCP?

• 3.  RE: Help! IP Pooling Cisco Anyconnect CPPM

Posted Feb 23, 2015 09:57 AM

Hi 

I'm trying to see which options i have, DHCP server, Database, Controller etc.. Any way is fine, just need to know how i assign the ip in CPPM

• 4.  RE: Help! IP Pooling Cisco Anyconnect CPPM

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2015 10:01 AM
    The answer is really going to depend on what you want to do. Do you want static addressing or DHCP?

If you're going to use a DHCP server, ClearPass would not be involved.

If you're using Active Directory, IP addresses can be assigned for each user and ClearPass can send the IP back via a RADIUS VSA.

• 5.  RE: Help! IP Pooling Cisco Anyconnect CPPM

Posted Feb 23, 2015 10:05 AM

Thanks, saw in 1 of your replies in a other thread a detailed explanation. (http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Cisco-ASA-VPN-Returning-IETF-Framed-IP-Address/m-p/219170#M16973)

Thanks for all the quick replies!

@cappalli wrote:
    The answer is really going to depend on what you want to do. Do you want static addressing or DHCP?

If you're going to use a DHCP server, ClearPass would not be involved.

If you're using Active Directory, IP addresses can be assigned for each user and ClearPass can send the IP back via a RADIUS VSA.