Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Hide password field for the user

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Hide password field for the user

Posted Aug 29, 2014 05:10 AM

Hi,

In CP Guest, is it possible to hide the password field in the receipt page ? The goal is to hide the password to the user but let him logging. 

If I disable, change the field type to hidden, the login doesn't work anymore.

Thanks for your help.

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: Hide password field for the user

Posted Aug 29, 2014 06:52 AM

Try unchecking the enable this field

• 3.  RE: Hide password field for the user

Posted Aug 29, 2014 08:24 AM

This should be possible by marking the field hidden on the receipt form (I just verified it too).    I know you say you've tried this, but what part doesn't work when you do this?

• 4.  RE: Hide password field for the user

Posted Aug 29, 2014 08:42 AM

I will try again but my tests show that when I uncheck "enable this field", the login failed.

• 5.  RE: Hide password field for the user

Posted Sep 01, 2014 03:39 AM

The field has to be Enabled, but you actually change the User Interface to Hidden Field.

01.09.png

Note that the user will be able to see the password using View Source, but if the point is to just allow for easier login with less fields then this should do the trick.

That said - if you say what are you trying to accomplish perhaps we can provide some other alternatives :)

• 6.  RE: Hide password field for the user

Posted Sep 02, 2014 02:04 AM

The situation is now :

Guests use the self-registration and the get their password by SMS. Then they can log in.

But for one customer, there is no phone signal, so I would like that the guests use the self-registration, they can log in without to input the password and as soon as they have a signal, they receive the SMS with the password for the next connection.

I don't know if it's clear enough.

Thanks

Dimitri

• 7.  RE: Hide password field for the user

Posted Sep 02, 2014 03:46 AM

Ok Dimitri.

So - the proposed solution will work for you, but is it good enough?

You could have this as an alternative link on the login page.

Ex:

"Did not receive your password due to no reception? Click here"

Behind the "click here" you could add this page as mentioned above, or a different version that gives short access by just clicking accept terms or just login with phonenumber.