Security

New Contributor

How do you extract full endpoint details for all endpoints via API?

I am able extract endpoint details from the API for a single endpoint if I know the IP address, but I am searching for a way to pull this data in JSON format for all endpoints.  Here is the URL I am using for a single endpoint (Works well for 1):

https://[CPPM URL]/async_netd/deviceprofiler/endpoints/10.20.30.40

We are extracting this data to feed a SIEM, and hope to use it to collect network inventory data.

Thank you,

Jason

Guru Elite

Re: How do you extract full endpoint details for all enpoints via API?

You cannot pull an entire data dump in a single API call. You would need to page through the results from the REST API in your script.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Can you help me extract the list of IP addresses or MAC addresses to page through?  I am very new to CPPM, and have read the API guide, but am still having problems.

Thanks

Guru Elite

I’m not sure I’m understanding your question. You’d script against /api/endpoint and page through the results until you get to the end.

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

If I go to https://[CPPM URL]/api/endpoint I get an error:

{"type":"http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html","title":"Forbidden","status":403,"detail":"Forbidden"}

I am trying to get a list of the IP addresses or MAC addresses to iterate through to pull all the endpoint information.

Guru Elite

You need to authenticate to the API via OAuth 2.0.

What scripting language are you using?

New Contributor

Powershell, or Chrome

Guru Elite

Ah, sorry. I don't have any PowerShell examples. You may want to work with your ClearPass partner if you're not familiar with working with REST APIs.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: