Security

Occasional Contributor II

Re: How long should it take CPPM to update wireless controllers with new AppleTV?

We do plan on updating next week to the new code.

I just noticed today that the CPPM entry does get pushed to the master controller almost immediately. I must've missed that before -- I don't usually look at the master since no APs terminate on it. 

It's the replication to the local controllers that is taking 24 hours. Everything else we do, such as updating configs on the master through the gui, will replicate immediately. It's just the CPPM database that takes so long.

Guru Elite

Re: How long should it take CPPM to update wireless controllers with new AppleTV?

Is the AirGroup request in ClearPass coming from the master or local controller?

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Sorry, how do I determine that? All of our APs are terminated on the local, not the master, but in clearpass Guest, both the Master and Local are added as AirGroup Controllers in the administration page. 

Guru Elite

Take a look at the AirGroup Authorization Requests in Access Tracker in ClearPass to see the source controller.

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Highlighted

Access Device IP/Port:  10.189.255.32:0         (Master)

Radius:IETF:NAS-IP-Address 10.189.255.32    (Master)

As I pick through different requests, this line alternates back and forth between the Master and the two locals:

Connection:Src-IP-Address 10.189.255.67        (local)
Connection:Src-IP-Address 10.189.255.66        (local)
Connection:Src-IP-Address 10.189.255.32        (Master)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: