Security

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

How many Public CA Certificate on External Captive Portal

Hi 

I need to know flow about External Captiveportal from Controller. I don't sure how many Public certificate (CA) for guest. 

I thinks a flow of certification is

1. Guest Connect to SSID-guest 

2. Redirect to External-Captive Portal 

3. User have receive Login Page and give a HTTPS Server Certificate on Clearpass

Certificate-InCPPM.jpg

4. User sign-in with username and password then click Login

5. After Click Login User will redirect back to controller and Give a Server  Certificate on Controller (On controller We not have a public Cert.We have Internal Certificate from AD)

RedirectBackRedirectBack 

I don't sure it's correct flow? 

We have issue After step 5. We have receive Error page on Browsers. 

I think because my Certificate is not signed from CA. 

How can i use a Public Cert on Clearpass only?  or We must use a two Public Certificate on both.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: How many Public CA Certificate on External Captive Portal

You will need a certificate installed on CPPM and a certificate installed on the Controller. If this is for Guest user (i.e you have no control of the clients Trust Store or PKI) then it is recommended to also use a public certificate on the Controller as well. As you've highlighted below, you would configure the Web Server Profile to use the Public Cert for Captive Portal use.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Guru

You will need a certificate installed on CPPM and a certificate installed on the Controller. If this is for Guest user (i.e you have no control of the clients Trust Store or PKI) then it is recommended to also use a public certificate on the Controller as well. As you've highlighted below, you would configure the Web Server Profile to use the Public Cert for Captive Portal use.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks. 

I need to know a reason of Public Certificate must using on Controller?  

Highlighted
MVP Guru

The client will need to Trust the CA of the Captive Portal certificate on the controller so hence the need for a Public cert. The Guest browser will post to CPPM via HTTPS.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: